miercuri, 19 martie 2014

rucola...

I've mentioned before that one of my favorite greens is baby spinach, but only raw (I hate the cooked taste of it!!), in salads and smoothies alike, well here's another confession: rucola (arugula in the US) is my second choice. This is a leafy green plant growing especially in the Mediterranean areas, but which is easily found here in Romania throughout the year, and which kind of tastes like...well...meat! Or at least that's how I can describe it, and it is very satiating all the same. I love it in salads, but I cannot eat it alone, since it is a little too heavy for my taste buds. But combined with baby spinach and lamb lettuce (raiponce, douchette, etc)
a dab of lemon, bell pepper, cucumber and maybe a little aceto balsamico it can be the perfect salad on the go when you're in a hurry. One advice though, never pour the aceto on your salad until the very moment you are going to eat it, otherwise it will attack the leaves and make them loose their crunchiness. A little olive oil is also a great idea, or whatever makes you happy. Easy as 1-2-3!
Best lunch ever when I have much work to do and can't be parted with my office computer, as seen in the photo above.
Enjoy a beautiful green week!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu